Tuesday 22 March 2011

Secondary Research.

After the lecture on 'The nature of Art motion' I started to look at ways that Art and music relate.

I began to look into 50's and 60s' Pop art and to look at the way Modern album covers
use pop art style to create a certain feel for their music type.

I researched Julian Opie, Who's work is very similar to Pop art. He designed
the Album cover for Blur that featured the band members In a very cartoon
Andy Warhol style.

I continued this research by linking it to moving imagery and the illusion of movement
from still images. I looked at Expressionism and Futurism because the colours used and
the bright overlapping shapes give a feel of movement. 

Franz Marc is a good example of an artist who creates movement in his still paintings
through shapes and colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment